All-Wales Computer Science Learning and Teaching ... thing
2020 has been quite a year.
It has been suggested that a lightweight event that would allow us as Computer Science educators to share experiences and lessons learnt as a result of teaching in the time of COVID and to look forwards to the post-COVID future would be a 'good idea' ... so here we are.
January 20th 2021
Online! This event will be facilitated by the School of Computer Science and Informatics at Cardiff University but will be open to all from Computer Science schools across Wales (and beyond?)
Discussion/Workshop/Sharing sessions will run throughout the day, with people able to drop in and out as needed/desired. Session topics are now being gathered, a 'wish list' is below, but please feel free to propose topics...
- Virtual Environments (for student socialisation, remote marking, quizzing)
- Engaging recorded materials for the flipped classroom
- Engagement and Feedback in live-online classes
- Online community (for new students and ongoin)
- Tackling ASync overload
- Debugging at a distance
- Future of blended/online CS teaching
Get in touch with Martin Chorley (@email@example.com) to propose a session topic, by January 13th. Sessions will be finalised and a schedule made available as soon as possible...